According to WSH Regulation, violence is defined as “the attempted or actual exercise of physical force against a person and any threatening statement or behaviour that gives a person reasonable cause to believe that physical force will be used against the person”.
The River East Transcona School Division’s duties include:
- Identifying and assessing risk of violence in the workplace;
- Developing a written policy;
- Implementing and training RETTA members in the policy;
- Ensuring that RETTA members comply with the policy;
- Ensuring, as far as is reasonably possible, that no worker (RETTA member) is subjected to violence in the workplace;
- Taking corrective action respecting any person under the Division’s direction who subjects a RETTA member to violence;
- Informing RETTA members about the risk of violence.
This is a summary of the requirements from the WSH Regulation, Part 11. For the entire text, please visit www.gov.mb.ca/labour/safety/pdf/1_2016_wsh_ar_oc.pdf