Personal Professional Development Fund or PPDF
The Personal Professional Development Fund was created as a result of a Letter of Intent between the Board of Trustees and the Association. The fund is intended to stimulate and provide financial assistance for personal professional development of professional staff in the Division who are members of the Association covered by the Collective Agreement of the River East Transcona Teachers’ Association.
This assistance will normally be used to fund:
- Educational leave and attendance at conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Non-credit courses.
- Professional programs organized by outside agencies.
Applications for the PPDF open as follows:
- PD occurring in the first semester (July 1st-January 31st): The first working day in June (6:30 AM).
- PD occurring in the second semester (February 1st-June 30th): The first working day in October (6:30 AM).
ONLINE APPLICATION HERE
Frequently Asked Questions
- There are a number of criteria that are considered when applying for a PPDF. Make this clear in your rationale.
- Relevance to your current teaching assignment
- Relevance to related activities as part of professional assignment
- Relevance to subject area professional development
- Relevance to individual growth plan outcomes
- Relevance to personal professional development needs
- Relevance to student learning and teaching practice
- The cost of your sub is covered by PPDF but not included in the $2500 or $500 maximum. That means you have that entire amount for registration and expenses.
- Remember, you can apply for $2500 every third year, then you get nothing the next year, $500 the third year and then you’re eligible for $2500 again. You can claim $500 every year until you decide to go for $2500.
- You can have a maximum of 2 travel days.
- To get your expenses reimbursed you need to submit the expense form, the receipts required (Airfare (separate from your lodging) or other travel method, Baggage, Lodging, Conference Fees) from your trip (so hold on to them!) as well as your conference report (You’ll get the form when you are approved) and your flight itinerary within 20 days of returning. The money will be directly deposited into your account by the Division.
- All other expenses, including meals, are covered under a $125 per diem. You only need the receipts above, everything else is covered under this per diem. You get the $125 for each day, including your travel day or portion thereof.
- Your expenses on the application form are estimates. Apply, estimate, go, keep your receipts, and you’ll be reimbursed for what you actually spend up to the maximum.
Guidelines change every year. Check the PPDF guidelines. We are always here to answer any questions, so feel free to give the office a call if you have any questions before submitting your application.